Welcome to Heritage Makers! We hope that you find our services fun, easy and useful.
Before creating or activating an account with us, please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms govern your access to, and use of, the Heritage Makers website and services.
Last updated on 2/12/2013
By entering and using the Heritage Makers website (“Site”) or service you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to be bound by them. Your use of the Site and its services (together, the "Service") is entirely conditioned on and subject to your compliance with these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, do not access or use the Service.
Acceptance of these Terms creates a binding contract between you and Heritage Makers that you will use the Service only in a manner consistent with these Terms. If you have questions about these Terms, please contact email@example.com.
I. General Terms of Membership
Heritage Makers membership (“Membership”) is available to you if you are at least 18 years of age and reside in the United States or Canada. Membership is available to you if you submit certain requested information to Heritage Makers, including your name and correct email address. When you register as a Member, you must provide Heritage Makers with true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself.
A condition of Membership is your "Active Participation" in the Service. Active Participation is defined as placing an order through the Heritage Makers website at least once during every 18-month period, or as having publishing points in your account. If your Membership is inactive for more than 18 months, Heritage Makers may terminate your Membership (or any part thereof) and your use of the Service, and may remove and discard all information, albums, image files, creative material, and other content (collectively "Content") uploaded by you or otherwise made available by you within the Service.
II. Your Use of the Service
Subject to and conditioned upon your compliance with these Terms, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Heritage Makers to access the Service, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, nonsublicensable, limited right and license to access the Service, including any images, text, graphics, data, files, links and other materials incorporated into the Service (other than your Submissions), solely as made available by us, solely as necessary to access the Service and solely for your own personal, non-commercial, home purposes, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. The Service, including all such materials and all intellectual property rights therein, remain the property of Heritage Makers or its licensors or suppliers. Except as expressly authorized by these Terms, you may not use, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit, perform, display or create derivative works of any portion of the Service without the written consent of Heritage Makers. Nothing herein grants any rights to commercially exploit any portion of the Service or any content therein. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are expressly reserved.
III. Digital Image Storage
A benefit of Membership is the ability to store photos (“Content”) in your online account. A condition of your storage of photos is your “Active Participation” in the Service. Your data storage allowance depends on the Membership plan you subscribe to and Heritage Makers’ current photo storage policy.
You should always preserve your original Content, or make back-up copies of such Content, on your personal system. You should not use the Service as the only repository for your Content.
IV. Photo Storage Policy
- Depending on your membership type, your account will be allotted a certain amount of free photo storage. Please check the pricing page for more information.
- If your account meets or exceeds its photo storage limits, additional photos will not be able to be uploaded until you obtain more storage space by taking action such as purchasing additional storage space, upgrading your membership subscription, or clearing storage space in your account through photo deletion.
- Heritage Makers reserves the right to purge your account of sufficient image files to bring your account into compliance with the photo storage policy. This will only be done after attempts have been made by Heritage Makers to notify you of your account’s overages and requesting your attention to the matter.
- You can check your photo storage allowances and usage in the "my photos" or "my account" areas of the Heritage Makers website.
V. Member Conduct
- Heritage Makers is committed to ensuring that the Service remains a fun and safe place to process photographs. To that end, the Service allows Members to be creative with their Content. Users of the Service may not use the Service to process Prohibited Content. Generally, Prohibited Content includes Content or other material that Heritage Makers believes:
- Is abusive, deceptive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Comprises copyrighted material used without the express permission of the owner;
- Comprises photos, images or materials traced or derived from images you do not own the copyright to (such as images found on the Internet, images scanned from books or magazines, other artist’s work, etc);
- Comprises photos, images or materials containing embedded copyright notices, personal signatures or watermarks.
- Violates or otherwise encroaches on the rights of others;
- Contains viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses or other forms of corruptive code, or any other content which may compromise the Service (collectively “Corruptive Code”);
- Advocates illegal activity;
- Hacks, destabilizes or adapts the Service, or alters another website to falsely imply it is affiliated with the Service;
- Uses any high volume automated means (including robots, spiders or scripts) to access the Service;
- Broadcasts or sends any form of advertising, mass communication or solicitation to Heritage Makers users;
- Harms anyone, including minors; or,
- Provides a link to any of the above.
- Heritage Makers has the sole discretion to determine whether Content is Prohibited Content, and any Content submitted to the Service may be subject to examination from time to time. Although Heritage Makers does not and will not examine or otherwise review all Content submitted or transmitted to the Service, Heritage Makers may delete, move, and edit Content for any reason, at any time, without notice.
- All Content (whether private or shared) that is processed on the Site is the sole responsibility of the person who submitted it. Thus, you are responsible for your Content.
- By viewing the Site, you may be exposed to Content that you consider offensive. You take sole responsibility for such exposure.
- Heritage Makers in no way guarantees the accuracy, quality, or appropriateness of Content available through the Service. In no event shall Heritage Makers (including its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, suppliers and agents) be liable for claims of any nature, whether direct or indirect, arising from or related to any Content made available on or through the Services, including (without limitation) errors or omissions in such Content, and loss or damages incurred as a result of use of such content.
- You agree that you shall not interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) this service or servers or networks connected to this website, or to disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this service; or, provide any information to Heritage Makers that is false or misleading, that attempts to hide your identity, or that you do not have the right to disclose. Heritage Makers does not endorse any content placed on the website by third parties, or any opinions or advice, contained in such content.
Heritage Makers is, unless otherwise stated, the owner of all copyright and data rights in the Service and its contents. Individuals who have posted works to this service are either the copyright owners of the component parts of that work, or are posting the work under license from a copyright owner or his or her agent, or otherwise as permitted by law. You may not reproduce, distribute, publicly display or perform, or prepare derivative works based on any of the content, including any such works without the express, written consent of Heritage Makers, or the appropriate owner of copyright in such works. Heritage Makers does not claim ownership rights in your works or other materials posted by you to this service (“Content”).
While Heritage Makers has an inspection process that helps flag potential copyright issues, this process may, or may not, be applied to your Content at Heritage Makers’ sole discretion. Ultimately, you are responsible for your Content. As such, it is very important that you take the time to research the images and materials that you submit, and ensure that you keep any reference material on hand in case of a dispute regarding the ownership of your images and materials. If you are not sure about the legality of reference material you did not create, please contact Heritage Makers.
VII. Reporting Copyright Violations
Heritage Makers respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. At Heritage Makers’ discretion, and in appropriate circumstances, Heritage Makers may remove Your Content submitted to this service, terminate your account and/or prevent access to this service, if Heritage Makers believes you may have infringed on the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe the copyright in your work, or in the work for which you act as an agent, has been infringed through this service, please contact Heritage Makers' Customer Support. Please provide substantially the following information, which Heritage Makers may then forward to the alleged infringer (see 17 U.S.C. 512 (c)(3) for further details):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
All brand, product and service names used in this service which identify Heritage Makers, or third parties, and their products and services are proprietary marks of Heritage Makers and/or the relevant third parties. Nothing in this service shall be deemed to confer on any person, any license or right on the part of Heritage Makers, or any third party with respect to any such image, logo or name.
X. International Considerations
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Such includes, but is not limited to, complying with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States, or the country in which you reside, and decency laws in the locality in which you reside.
You agree that Heritage Makers, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account, and remove and discard any content, for any reason, including and without limitation, the lack of Active Participation; or, if Heritage Makers believes that you have violated, or acted inconsistently, with the Agreement. Heritage Makers may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing the service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the service under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Heritage Makers may immediately deactivate, or delete, your content and all related information and files. Heritage Makers reserves the right to bar any further access to such files or the service. You agree that Heritage Makers shall not be liable to you, or any third-party, for any termination of your access to the service. Paid accounts that are terminated will not be refunded.
XII. XII. Indemnity
You agree to indemnify and hold Heritage Makers, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any alleged claim or demand. This includes reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your content, your use of the service, your connection to the service, your violation of this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of another. You are solely responsible for your actions when using this service, including, but not limited to, costs incurred for Internet access.
This service is provided by Heritage Makers on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, and Heritage Makers reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the service, in its sole discretion, at any time, and without notice. You agree that Heritage Makers is not, and will not be, liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
XIV. External Links
This service, or relevant third parties, may provide links to other websites or resources. Because Heritage Makers has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Heritage Makers is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible, or liable, for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on, or available from, such sites or resources. You further acknowledge, and agree, that Heritage Makers shall not be responsible, or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused, or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on, or through, any such site or resource.
XV. Third Party Software
As a convenience, we may make third-party software available through the service. To use the third-party software, you must agree to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party provider. The agreement to use such software will be solely between you and the third-party provider. By downloading third-party software, you acknowledge, and agree, that the software is provided on an “AS IS” basis without warranty of any kind. In no event shall Heritage Makers be liable for claims, or damages of any nature, whether direct, or indirect, arising from or related to any third-party software downloaded through the service.
XVI.XVI. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
HERITAGE MAKERS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE, OR THE CONTENT OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. HERITAGE MAKERS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. HERITAGE MAKERS MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS SERVICE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT HERITAGE MAKERS IS NOT LIABLE FOR YOUR DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT, OR SUCH CONDUCT BY THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES AND LOSSES ARISING FROM SUCH CONDUCT. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS, LIMITED REMEDIES PROVIDED HEREIN, AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, HERITAGE MAKERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF HERITAGE MAKERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF, OR LIMITATIONS ON, CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS, MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL HERITAGE MAKERS ’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO HERITAGE MAKERS PURSUANT TO THIS.
XVII. General Legal Terms
The Agreement constitutes the whole legal agreement between you and Heritage Makers and governs your use of this service, and completely replaces any prior agreements between you and Heritage Makers in relation to this service. You agree that if Heritage Makers does not exercise, or enforce, any legal right, or remedy, which is contained in the Agreement (or which Heritage Makers has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Heritage Makers’ rights. Those rights, or remedies, will still be available to Heritage Makers. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of the Agreement is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Agreement without affecting the rest of the Agreement. The remaining provisions of the Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable. The Agreement and your relationship with Heritage Makers under the Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You and Heritage Makers agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Utah County, Utah, to resolve any legal matter arising from the Agreement. Notwithstanding this, you agree that Heritage Makers shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. Further, by using this service, you agree that Heritage Makers, at its sole discretion, may require you to submit any disputes arising from the use of the service, or this Agreement, concerning or, including disputes arising from, or concerning their interpretation, violation, nullity, invalidity, non-performance or termination, as well as disputes about filling gaps in this contract, or its adaptation to, newly arisen circumstances, to final and binding arbitration under the International Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association, by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules. Notwithstanding these rules, however, such proceeding shall be governed by the laws of the state as set forth above.